Last time I blogged about Burnout among women in Geneva. You can read the post here.
But, in order to not even get to the stage of a burnout, there is a very simple and effective tool to use. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). It can lower your cortisol levels (the hormones responsible for stress) in a matter of a few minutes of tapping on specific acupressure points.
EFT can be used on a variety of different topics, whether pain relief or traumas, fears or to raise your confidence. You can read more about EFT here.
Today, however, I would like to show you a very quick sequence of tapping, so you can recharge your body’s energy levels, as well as, working on being more focused and balanced. It’s only 4 ½ minutes of tapping, so you can easily do it every morning before work, or at any time during the day, when you feel stressed.
When you watch the video below, please do the following.
- Before you start with the tapping, close your eyes and ask yourself: “How stressed am I on a scale from 0 – 10? Give it a score and jot it down.
- Tap on the same points that I’m tapping in the video and after I said a sentence, I leave some time for you to repeat it out loud for yourself.
- Do the whole sequence and at the end, once the video is over: close your eyes again and ask yourself the same question again: “How stressed am I on a scale from 0 – 10? Give it a score and compare with the score before. Ideally it should have gone down by now. If you feel it hasn’t, do the sequence again.
- If you feel that your stress levels don’t come down, even with the tapping, your body probably is in a very high state of stress and you would benefit from a one on one session of EFT. EFT is very popular around the world. Just google for a practitioner in your city.
- If you live in Geneva and would like a 15 min free consultation on how EFT might help you, you can email me here.
- If you live in Geneva and are interested in Self-Development Workshops, Seminars, Networking for Expats Events, you can check my events page here.